Eastern Middle/High School Announcements
- The week of May 11 will be the final week that work will be sent home or posted online.
- Final grade cards will be mailed home the week of May 18.
- Students will be able to pick up personal items beginning May 4 by appointment only. Students/parents must call Mr. Day directly at the school and he will gather their belongings and bring them to your vehicle at your scheduled time. NOTE: All students in grades 9-11 are encouraged to leave whatever items they do not need until next year since they will keep their lockers.
- In lieu of prom, EHS will host a virtual gathering on Facebook Live with a live concert performed by Hollyn on May 8. All seniors will be receiving a free meal and a "swag bag" full of donated gifts delivered to their home. In order to receive their dinner and gifts, all seniors who have not had contact with the school should call 740-226-1544 and leave a message with Mr. Day to verify the address of where they will be viewing the concert that evening.
- In lieu of a graduation ceremony, students have the option to have diplomas mailed home, have a modified ceremony in the building that is in compliance with the governor's guidelines on June 1, have their diplomas delivered to their homes by Mr. Day and Mr. Leist during the week of May 18. The school will be providing two photos for each student and a video compilation of all seniors receiving their diplomas and valedictorian/salutatorian speeches.
- National Honor Society inductions will be carried out virtually. Inductees will receive letters in the mail next week. New inductees will be posted on the school website once they have been notified and we plan to host a formal ceremony in the fall.
- Senior awards will be announced on the school Facebook page on May 15 at 1pm and scholarship/award winners will also be posted on the school website and contacted by Mrs. Osborne afterwards. A second announcement will be made in early June for any scholarships/awards that have delayed their decision until after May 15.
- Parents of 8th grade students who have already paid their dues will have two options for the money that was paid. Parents can leave the money in the class fund and it will be transferred to their high school account and held for their child's high school dues, or they can send a written request to the school treasurer to have their money refunded.
- Spring fundraiser items have not yet arrived and we still do not have definitive shipment date from the fundraising company.
- Due to mandates by Governor DeWine and OHSAA Executive Director, Jerry Snodgrass, all spring sports seasons have been cancelled, all school facilities are closed for athletic use, and a no-contact period has be instituted for all coaches and players.
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020